- Require public and stakeholder input before any changes are made.
- Require self-directed care with budget authority, to be defined in statute.
- Require a regional model with multiple Integrated Health Agencies (IHA) per region.
- Require an independent actuarial study to set rates.
- Require the acceptance of “any willing provider” for a multi-year transition.
- Preserve ADRC services.
- Require final approval of any waiver application by the Joint Finance Committee before submission to the Federal Government.
According to the release: “This plan requires public input, includes a self-directed option, and gives patients choice between competing providers. Integration of care provides better care for customers and doctors, as well as a better value for taxpayers.”