The Wisconsin Department of Health Services this week issued a Request For Bid for caregiver investigation services.
Investigations will include those of allegations of abuse, neglect or misappropriation against residents/clients and allegations that a facility had prior knowledge of the date scheduled for an unannounced survey of entities that are regulated by the DHS.
Regulated entities include:
- Community Based Residential Facilities (CBRF)
- Adult Family Homes (AFH)
- Nursing Homes (NH)
- Facilities serving people with Developmental Disabilities (FDD) – also known as Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID)
- Residential Care Apartment Complexes (RCAC)
- Personal Care Agencies (PCA)
- Behavioral Health facilities
- Home Health Agencies (HHA)
The award issued as a result of this solicitation will go to one contractor for statewide services. The contractor will be responsible for conducting on-site investigations and forwarding all files to the Department for a decision on whether the allegation will be substantiated. In cases that are substantiated, caregiver’s names are entered on to a statewide misconduct registry that may permanently prevent them from working in entities regulated by the Department.
Bid submissions are due to DHS by 3 p.m. June 17.