RCAC 89 Code to Open in 2014
- Alfred Johnson, Director of the Bureau of Assisted Living, announced that DHS 89 Code for RCACs will open for rewriting in 2014. Discussions will take place at the Assisted Living Forum during the RCAC breakout session in the afternoon.
Southern Regional Office Has Moved
- The new location is off of Rimrock Rd. in Madison
- The mailing address is now: PO Box 7940 Madison WI 53707-7940
- Phone numbers have stayed the same
CBRF Training Update from Teri Alderson, UW Oshkosh, CCDET
- 57,000 people are currently on the registry.
- New Medication Administration Curriculum.
- Instructors must use the new curriculum materials once their existing printed material is used for Medication Management.
- There has been significant changes to the testing process for this curriculum.
- Employee registry upgrade.
- This upgrade will enable employers/employees to pull up an employee on the registry more efficiently.
- New Trainer revocation policy.
- In order to reduce the number of late student roster submissions from trainers, CCDET has developed a new policy where the more late submissions a trainer has, the more severe the consequences. After each subsequent late submission, trainers may receive letters from the Bureau, increases in days of training course suspensions, and late fees, depending on the amount of late submissions the trainer has. Contact CCDET for more information regarding this policy.
- Rosters submitted 6 months or more after the training will not be accepted. Participants will need to retake the course in order to be listed on the registry.
TB Screening Overview by Sherri Olson
- Sherri Olson reviewed the DHS 83 Code for CBRFs that employers must adhere to the CDC Guidelines when screening new employees for Tuberculosis. (DHS 83.17 (2)(a)).
- She also answered some frequently asked questions about TB Screening, such as: Do employers need to screen employees annually? Can LPNs read TB tests? and more. The recording of this AL Forum and these Q&As will be available on the DHS website AL Forum page.
CBRF Small Class C Sprinkler Installation Update
- Alfred Johnson wanted to remind CBRFs who are a small Class Cs need to have a sprinkler system installed by April 1, 2014. There are 500 providers in this category of CBRFs and 180 of those have not yet contacted DHS to inform them of any plans to install an sprinkler system. BAL will send out a reminder, but after April 1 , 2014, reviews and possible SODs will be given to facilities that are not in compliance of this rule.
- Contact WALA or DHS if you need help finding a contractor or information regarding adding a sprinkler system.